The health and safety of our students and staff is of our utmost concern. Please rest assured that we are working diligently to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 infection and transmission. All areas of the IC practice social distancing and follow CDC, state and local guidelines.
We have instituted the following protocols and policies to help prevent potential exposure:
We have increased the air flow throughout the building and are using 100% fresh air in the pool area, hallway, locker rooms and Education Station. You may notice that the temperature inside is a little cooler than normal due to the fresh air intake.
Fitness Center & Gymnasium
- Masks must be worn at all times, even while exercising.
- All cardio equipment is spaced 12 feet apart.
- The fitness equipment is cleaned throughout the day and should be cleaned by members immediately after each use.
- Due to CDC guidelines, open gym activities, such as basketball, are still not permitted.
- We are offering a combination of virtual, hybrid and in person classes to accommodate each member’s comfort level.
- Please follow signs for restricted access workout zones. One person is permitted per zone.
- Daily pool maintenance will take place after the IC closes for the evening.
- IC staff will clean the benches, door handles and other surfaces throughout the day.
- We follow all State of Connecticut and CDC guidelines for pool capacity.
- Temperature and health checks are required for all children, parents and staff.
- Children 3 years-old and older are required to wear masks.
- We are keeping strict cohorts for each classroom.
Locker Rooms & Showers
Please view this brief video to view our new protocol for locker and shower use.
- Please continue to follow social distancing protocols throughout the IC and remain 6 feet apart from anyone who is not a member of your household.
- Masks are required in all areas of the IC except the pool.
- Please follow the State of Connecticut travel advisory if traveling out of state. As per the executive order from Governor Lamont, travelers are required to self-quarantine for 14 days or have a negative COVID-19 test in the seventy-two (72) hours prior to arrival in Connecticut or at any time following arrival in Connecticut.
- Please adhere to the CDC guidelines when traveling overseas and returning to Connecticut.
- If you are sick or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
Thank you for your cooperation and consideration.