Train to be a Swim Instructor
If you are at least 16 years-old and a proficient swimmer, you can become an American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor and teach swimming and water safety. This lifesaving certification is valid for 2 years.
This course will train participants to teach water safety, including:
- Basic Water Rescue and Personal Water Safety course
- Preschool Aquatics
- Parent Child Aquatics
Prior to taking this course, participants must successfully complete the pre-course swimming evaluations and be proficient in freestyle, backstroke, elementary backstroke, breaststroke, side stroke and butterfly.
In order to successfully complete this program and become a certified Water Safety Instructor, participants must:
- Complete all reading & video assignments
- Attend all class sessions
- Participate in all activities
- Successfully complete all practice-teaching assignments & homework
- Pass the final written exam with a minimum grade of 80%
- Demonstrate maturity and responsibility throughout the course
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.